For users/implementers of the HPx-eos outside THERMOCALC
- Documentation of THERMOCALC’s implementation of the HPx-eos
- User-friendly summaries of the HPx-eos families, plus benchmark calculations so you can test your implementation:
For THERMOCALC users
- Software: THERMOCALC, DRAWPD.
- Thermodynamic input files for THERMOCALC:
- Example control files (tc-prefs.txt and scriptfile) for THERMOCALC.
- Learning resources: tutorials, short course material and documentation.
The SCOlP geobarometer for igneous rocks
The SCOlP and COlP (±Spinel + Clinopyroxene + Olivine + Plagioclase) barometers were developed for use in igneous rocks by Ziberna, Green & Blundy (2017; American Mineralogist 102 2349-2366). They use THERMOCALC’s avP procedure and a specially calibrated set of HPx-eos. They can be easily applied via the avPy package:
Roger Powell’s textbook
Equilibrium Thermodynamics in Petrology (Roger Powell, 1978; Harper & Row) can be freely downloaded for personal use: